Organizing Your Embellishments by Word

A few months ago I did a major reorganization project with all my embellishments.  I used to sort them by what they were made of, for example, eyelets together or brads together, etc.  I decided to change all of that and started with grouping items by shape (eyelets and brads that are circles I organized with other circles, I'll share pictures of that another day).  

After shapes I decided to organize my embellishments by word.  If there was a word on the embellishment it went into this grouping.  I created file folders with my Cricut that would fit into an organization box that I already had (a retired Close To My Heart box which I love!).  I then taped up the sides of the folders with strapping tape to create a pocket.  I put a word on the tab of the file folder pocket and any embellishment I found with that word on it went into that pocket.  This is my "Family" folder it has pocket scrapbooking cards, stickers, rub-ons, brads, paper clips and more in it.

I'm not going to lie, this project took a long time, but I absolutely love it, I can find what I'm looking for so easy it's amazing!



Comments